You are here
HMDS - YES Oven
YES HMDS (photoresist adhesion promoter) Oven
1. Log on to the tool using the LabAccess terminal.
2. Check to make sure that there is enough HMDS in the vial on the left side of the oven (contact maintenance for a refill is level is low).
3. Put your wafers into a TEFLON carrier (the oven runs at 150ºC, which will melt most other types of carriers).
4. Open the door, put your carrier inside, and close the door. CAUTION: The oven idles/runs at 150ºC, so be careful when loading/unloading wafers!
5. Set the thumbwheel to the correct setting:
Thumbwheel setting Priming cycle
0 Vent chamber
1 5 minute prime
2 2 minute prime
3 1 minute prime
4 30 second prime
5 10 second prime
6 Place vacuum in HMDS flask
7 Tune N2 fill time
8 Chamber vacuum test
6. Push the ‘start’ button. This will pump the chamber down and start the priming process. (If the chamber does not pump down, you may need to adjust the rubber seal on the mouth of the chamber – it can come loose rather easily.) The total priming process takes approximately 20-25 minutes.
7. When the run is finished, the ‘complete’ light will turn on.
8. Open the door and use a wipe to grab and unload your wafer carrier (remember, it’s hot!).
9. Close the door and push the ‘reset’ button. This will cause the ‘complete’ light to turn off. You’re finished with the priming process.
9. Log off of the tool using the LabAccess terminal."