You are here
Etcher RIE 790 Plasma Therm #1
RIE Etcher: Right chamber
GaAs: BCl3=8sccm, SiCl4=8sccm, RF=100W, P=33mTorr
Etch rate 280nm/min
Selectivity: ZEP520 : SiO2 (3:2)
SiO2 : GaAs (>20)
1. Log on to the tool using the LabAccess terminal.
2. Log into the system software.
3. Select the chamber to be used.
"“Utilities”=> “Select Active Chamber”=> chose either the left or right chamber"
4. Vent chamber : “Utilities”=> “Vent”
5. Clean the chamber before the first process is started. Wipe the walls and any quartz wafer holders with Acetone and then IPA. Wipe the graphite susceptor with IPA.
6. Run a 10 to 30 minute oxygen clean, Pressure = 200mTorr, O2=18sccm, power = 300W.
7.Vent chamber : “Utilities”=> “Vent”
8.Place your wafer in the chamber.
9.Firmly hold the lid to the chamber down and evacuate the chamber by choosing: “Utilities”=> “Pump Chamber”=> “LoVacuum”. Once the chamber is under vacuum you may stop holding the lid down. System status will now be ON & STANDBY.
10.To edit a recipe choose: “Process”=>”Edit”, now choose the recipe from the list. Edit the recipe and save it before exiting.
11. To load a recipe choose: “Process”=>”Load”, now choose the recipe. System Status will change to ON & READY. The loaded recipe will show in the Process box at the lower right.
12. Run the loaded recipe by clicking the RUN button at the lower right.
13. Once your recipe is finished, vent the chamber, remove your sample and pump the chamber down again.
14. ALWAYS CLOSE GATES. Always close the gate between the chamber and the pumps before logging off or when leaving the system idle for over 10 minutes. When the gate is left open pump oil back streams into the chamber. Choose: “Utilities”=>”Close Gates”.
15. Log off of the system software.
16. Log off of the tool using the LabAccess terminal.